Cybin Announces Grant of U.S. Patent Covering Deuterated Tryptamines
– Newly granted U.S. patent further strengthens the Company’s leadership position in the deuterated tryptamine space
– With the recently announced definitive agreement to acquire Small Pharma Inc. The granted patent will add to the most impressive intellectual property portfolio in the psychedelic drug development sector with 29 patents granted and over 150 patents pending
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Cybin Inc. (NYSE American:CYBN) (NEO:CYBN) (“Cybin” or the “Company”), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to revolutionizing mental healthcare by developing new and innovative psychedelic-based treatment options, today announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) has granted U.S. patent 11,746,088, covering composition of matter for deuterated tryptamine compounds and pharmaceutical compositions thereof, with exclusivity until 2041. The newly granted U.S. patent covers deuterated 5-methoxy-dimethyltryptamine analogs in the Company’s pre-clinical deuterated tryptamine portfolio and further strengthens the Company’s leadership position in the development of potential best-in-class deuterated tryptamine-based therapeutics for the treatment of mental health conditions.
“The grant of this patent is timely as we recently entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Small Pharma Inc., a leading developer of short-duration psychedelic therapeutics, together creating the psychedelic sector’s most impressive and robust intellectual property portfolio. The strong synergy of our collective intellectual property provides an unparalleled opportunity to develop novel, differentiated therapeutics for patients in need of improved treatment options,” said Doug Drysdale, Chief Executive Officer of Cybin. “Looking towards the next chapter for the combined company, this new composition of matter patent will have an important role in protecting the continued advancement of our development pipeline.”
- Phase 1 deuterated dimethyltryptamine (“dDMT”) data in Q3/Q4 2023 is expected to guide the formulation and administration routes in support of a Phase 2 efficacy study of dDMT in early 2024
- Phase 2 topline efficacy data for CYB003 in major depressive disorder (“MDD”) and topline Phase 1 data from the CYB004-E study expected in Q3/Q4 2023
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) submission of CYB003 Phase 1/2 data for pivotal studies expected following topline efficacy data readout
- Preparations underway to support scaling to a potential Phase 3 study of CYB003 in early 2024
Cybin is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company on a mission to create safe and effective psychedelic-based therapeutics to address the large unmet need for new and innovative treatment options for people who suffer from mental health conditions.
Cybin’s goal of revolutionizing mental healthcare is supported by a network of world-class partners and internationally recognized scientists aimed at progressing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, and novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens. The Company is currently developing CYB003, a proprietary deuterated psilocybin analog for the treatment of major depressive disorder and CYB004, a proprietary deuterated DMT molecule for generalized anxiety disorder and has a research pipeline of investigational psychedelic-based compounds.
Headquartered in Canada and founded in 2019, Cybin is operational in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Ireland. For company updates and to learn more about Cybin, visit www.cybin.com or follow the team on X, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.psilocybin dmt dimethyltryptamine psychedelic therapeutics tryptamines analog major depressive disorder depressive disorder anxiety cybin small pharma fda research