Welcome to the News You Might Have Missed, a weekly roundup of news items to help you catch up and stay informed.
It was a busy week with lots of news, have a look and see you next week for another update.
Filament has been issued a second patent by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) for the extraction and standardization of natural psilocybin and associated psychedelic compounds. The patent describes essential technology for transforming variable psychedelic raw materials into pharmaceutical-grade, standardized drug candidates.
Results of the study showed that administration of imipramine given three weeks following a psilocybin loading dose provided an additional 39% further improvement in depressive behaviors from that of psilocybin loading dose alone. Furthermore, a second administration of imipramine given four weeks after a psilocybin loading dose provided an even greater reduction (45%) in depressive behaviors.
“Families caring for patients with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and fragile X syndrome (FXS) deserve new scientific and therapeutic options to improve diagnosis, quality of care and treatment outcomes. The goal of our North American ASD and FXS Observational Study is to uncover novel and meaningful ways to diagnose and treat ASD and FXS…” says Dr. Marvin S. Hausman MD, Chairman of NOVA’s Scientific Advisory Board.
COMPASS Pathways and partners launch The Centre for Mental Health Research and Innovation, in the UK
The Centre will accelerate research of emerging psychedelic therapies, support therapist training and certification, evaluate real-world evidence, and prototype digital technologies to enable personalized, predictive and preventative care models.
The company announced positive topline results from their clinical study of ketamine for patients with Parkinson’s disease. Some highlights:
- 100% of patients treated with ketamine demonstrated reduction in dyskinesias as measured by the Unified Dyskinesia Rating Scale
- Ketamine was well tolerated with no serious adverse events reported
- Study results are adequate to give an effect size in powering a Phase 3 clinical study
- PharmaTher planning a Phase 3 clinical study to allow for FDA approval of KETARX (ketamine) for Parkinson’s disease under the 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway
NeonMind Announces Positive Preclinical Results Demonstrating the Efficacy of Psilocybin in Reducing Weight Gain
The data from NeonMind’s preclinical models revealed a novel finding for its drug candidates: the ability to target visceral fat.
- Statistical significance compared to the control group for both absolute and relative weight gain;
- Efficacy seen within days of administration;
- Reduced food consumption compared to control group;
The expanded partnership to include the distribution of functional mushrooms, HAVN Life natural health products and white label products, in addition to its naturally-derived psilocybin compounds
Want to catch up on more industry news? Check out a previous edition of the News You Might Have Missed
psilocybin ketamine psychedelic pharmather compass havn neonmind nova mentis wesana health filament wesana fda research