VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- KetamineOne Capital Limited ("Ketamine One" or the "Company") (NEO: MEDI) (OTC: KONEF) (Frankfurt: MY0), a company focused on consolidating medical clinics and becoming a North American leader in mental health treatments and associated research, is pleased to provide guidance on several new strategic initiatives on behalf of its wholly-owned contract research organization, KGK Science Inc., ("KGK" or the "CRO"). KGK is rapidly being integrated into Ketamine One's mental health platform, accelerating the ability to foster value creation through the Company's clinic portfolio, grow its work with existing third-party clients and establish a leadership position in psychedelic research and clinical trial work. Being at the forefront of psychedelics research strongly positions Ketamine One and KGK to generate defendable intellectual property and secure first mover advantages. Further, the Company is pleased to report that KGK has recently been awarded a new clinical trial contract, a research project and has also completed two studies. Psychedelic Research Highlights:
- Working with five unique clients in psychedelic drug studies including but not limited to Numinus (TSXV: NUMI) and Psyched Wellness (CSE: PSYC).
- Conducting two ongoing clinical trials, one of which is the previously announced preliminary study of Numinus' proprietary psilocybin mushroom extract in healthy adults.
- Developing a network of vertically-integrated clinics within Ketamine One for the conduct of psychedelic clinical trials. This will be a critical step in it achieving its goal of becoming the premier CRO in the psychedelic medicine industry and integrating with Ketamine One's clinical assets.
- Collaborating with Zentrela, the maker of the Cognalyzer™, to adapt the device for use in psychedelic medicine with the goal of providing the sector with a revolutionary tool to be used in human research and the clinical application of psychedelic drugs.
- Improving virtual trial conduct through the implementation of a novel platform and technology with the other subsidiaries of Ketamine One, which is expected to be launched over the next year.
- Working with the Ontario-based contract manufacturer Acenzia to provide a joint solution for the production and study of psychedelic compounds and final products. Acenzia plans to produce psychedelic mushrooms as well as formulate and manufacture psychedelic products at their EU GMP-accredited facility.
- Emerging from COVID-related restrictions, KGK is seeing significant growth in new projects and requests for proposals, including a substantial expansion in psychedelics-related work. Requests for proposals and other quotes have increased by almost 60 per cent over the past 12 months as compared to the same prior period.
- Recently awarded a clinical testing trial for two novel human milk oligosaccharides produced by a large Japanese firm.
- Contracted to facilitate preclinical studies of a novel vitamin ingredient, the results of which are planned to be used to support the submission of a New Dietary Ingredient Notification to the US FDA.
- Anticipated to complete a clinical trial investigating the efficacy of a multi-ingredient formulation on self-reported memory complaints in healthy adults in the fall of 2021. KGK has extensive experience in conducting clinical trials in the areas of cognition and stress and plans on pursuing more work in this growing area of research.
- Year to date, completed two pharmacokinetic clinical studies for nutraceutical products.
Rick Doblin Explains MAPS’ New $70 Million Investment Fund With Vine Ventures
MDMA2 days ago
Breaking News: MAPS and Vine VC Launch Innovative $70 Million Funding Structure
MDMA1 day ago
How LSD Helped Me Create a Psychedelic Community for People of Color
LSD2 days ago
Top Psychedelic Business News: Nov 29-Dec 3
MDMA1 day ago
Revive Therapeutics Includes Treating Omicron Variant In Bucillamine Research
Psilocybin1 day ago
Should psychedelics be legal? Users share the pros and cons
Psilocybin9 hours ago
Psychedelics and Healthcare: Talking to Your Pharmacist
Psychedelics6 hours ago